Friday, September 7, 2012

Korea, Be Inspired.

Since I enjoy travelling, I also want to share one of my collections: the Starbucks City Icon series tumblers. Although my Seoul and Korean tumblers are not my first, this was the first international tumblers that I personally bought as an official collector (I bought my Singapore tumbler first, but I wasn't collecting yet).


Having to plan my trips myself with a lot of help from bloggers and other sites, I really made sure that no matter what, I get to visit all the famous spots in Seoul that I see in Koreanovelas. A bit die hard? Not really.

The Starbucks Icon series features famous "icons" that represents the city or country, and one of my goals, aside from completing the collection is too also have a picture of the real life icons, too bad I didn't have a picture of the mask with me in it. :)

The Seoul tumbler features the N Seoul Tower, officially the CJ Seoul Tower and commonly known as the Namsan Tower and Seoul Tower. According to wikipedia, it is a communication and observation tower located on Namsan Mountain in central Seoul, South Korea.

The Korea tumbler on the other-hand shows Korean Masks. They were used in war, on both soldiers and their horses; ceremonially, for burial rites in jade and bronze and for shamanistic ceremonies to drive away evil spirits; to remember the faces of great historical figures in death masks; and in the arts, particularly in ritual dances, courtly, and theatrical plays. The present uses are as miniature masks for tourist souvenirs, or on cell-phones where they hang as good-luck talismans. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_mask)  

No comments:

Post a Comment